St Mary’s Church is situated on the bank of the River Teifi – just off Finch Square in Cardigan.
The Church sits on the once site of a 12th Century Benedictine Priory. The present nave dates from the fourteenth century and parts of the Church were rebuilt during 1711.
During the 13th century the Church found fame by being a site of pilgrimage as the shrine of ‘Our Lady of the Taper’. A shrine still exists at St Mary’s, although it is not the original 800 year old one.