After many years in private hands Cardigan Castle was purchased by Ceredigion Country Council in 2003, then began a mission to save what was left of the castle and open it up to the public. During 2015 this mission had come to fruition and after a £12m restoration the castle is now open to the public. Continue reading
Since the 19th Century Barley Saturday has been held in Cardigan on the last Saturday in April. Continue reading
St Mary’s Church is situated on the bank of the River Teifi – just off Finch Square in Cardigan.
Situated right in the centre of St Dogmaels are the ruins of a Tironensian Order Abbey. Originally set up as a priory, it gained Abbey status in 1115.
Dotted around Cardigan and St Dogmaels are a few Iron Age sites.
Situated just to the west of Poppit Sands is an ancient fish trap believed to be over 1000 years old.